1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? So far, I haven't found a fiber I don't like. Dale of Norway's Svale is difficult to knit with, but it produces a beautiful product. I love Nashua Wooly Stripe, Diakeito Yarns Diamusee, Caron's Simply Soft, Muench Touch Me, Patons Classic Wool.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?A beautiful, hand-made case I found on ebay. Check out ehwa_apron on ebay. Truly outstanding work.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I learned how to knit, but not purl, when I was 8. After making a few doll blankets, I promptly gave up. In January 2006 I decided I wanted to knit again. I consider myself a beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon and Froogle: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)Rose/roses, I really dislike patchouli or musk.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Anything chocolate, really.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I will sew for necessity. But I'm not terribly crafty. No, I don't spin. I haven't tried dying my own wool; I'm not sure I want to.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?I enjoy classic rock, older country, folk music, celtic music, alternative rock. Yes, both my computer and my stereo will play MP3's.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?My favorite color is blue. But I also like green, rust/browns, greys. I hate pinks, purples, and reds.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am a single parent with an 8 yr old son.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes, I do. Or, I suppose I would wear a poncho, if I had any.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?So far, all I've made are scarves and booga bags. But I think I'm ready to tackle a sweater or cape.
13. What are you knitting right now?The Vintage Velvet from Scarf-style for the Knit-along, and a mohair bias-stitch scarf from my Secret Pal 9.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Of course! Who doesn't!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular all the way! I prefer metal needles, altho I have some lantern moon straights I do enjoy knitting with.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No. I'm not even sure what they are.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?About 13 months.
18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?Bags, boxes, and baskets. Anything that you can put something inside - stuff that holds your stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I've managed to acquire quite a few books; I can't think of anything else I need, offhand.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Yes! The skills necessary to make hats, socks, and sweaters.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?I can dream about knitting socks. I am a woman's size 8.
23. When is your birthday? August 28th.