Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wow...

It's been a while since I've blogged. Things have been happening life-wise, but not so much knitting wise. And I realize that I missed the Maryland Wool and Sheep show. WTheck??? Where is my head? Oh, well, I don't need any more yarn to frog or not knit. 'Kay?

I start things, I don't like them, I rip them out. At least I've been starting them. It's sad that I can't figure out what I've done wrong, or what it is that I don't like, but I suppose that's typical for me.

My latest obsession is market bags. At a work thing, we're having going green suggestions, and I want to display some bags. I've looked at millions of patterns, and some I've liked and other's not so much. Some of the patterns must be beyond my skill level (evidently, judging from the now-frogged results), or I just don't get it. So I decided to kind of wing it. I did a long-tail cast-on on two circs, just as if you were going to make toe-up socks. Did a bunch of yarn-over increases to get to about 100 stitches. Knit a row, then a row of K2t,YO, and then knit a row, alternating the last two rows. I'm quite pleased with how it's coming out. Depending on how much yarn I have (I want a biggish bag), will determine what kind of handle or handles I choose. The yarn is nearly 2 skeins of Trendsetter's ScoubiDu, in the Ocean colorway. But just because I'm happy with it now doesn't mean it won't be frogged in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter