Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
So far, I haven't found a fiber I don't like. Dale of Norway's Svale is difficult to knit with, but it produces a beautiful product. I love Nashua Wooly Stripe, Diakeito Yarns Diamusee, Caron's Simply Soft, Muench Touch Me, Patons Classic Wool.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A beautiful, hand-made case I found on ebay. Check out ehwa_apron on ebay. Truly outstanding work.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since January; and am definitely a beginner. It would be nice if I could seem to advance beyond scarves & booga bags. I am taking a class, and it's been invaluable for those techniques I couldn't seem to pick up.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Froogle: moonspinner7@yahoo.com

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Rose/roses, I hate patchouli or musk.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Anything chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I will sew for necessity. But I'm not terribly crafty. No, I don't spin. I haven't tried dying my own wool; I'm not sure I want to.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I enjoy classic rock, older country, folk music, celtic music, alternative rock. Yes, both my computer and my stereo will play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is blue. But I also like green, rust/browns, greys. I hate pinks, purples, and reds.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a single parent with an 8 yr old son. A yorkshire terrier.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, I do. Or, I suppose I would wear a poncho, if I had any.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far, all I've made are scarves and booga bags. It's not so much that they are my favorite things to knit, merely that that is all I am capable of knitting. We won't discuss the Knitting Olympics disaster regarding the hat.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A scarf, a booga bag, and a what-the-heck-will-it-be-when-it's-finished-if-it-ever-is-finished thing.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! Who doesn't!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular all the way! I prefer metal needles, altho I have some lantern moon straights I do enjoy knitting with.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I'm not even sure what they are.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 10 months.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Bags, boxes, and baskets. Anything that you can put something inside - stuff that holds your stuff.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I've managed to acquire quite a few books; I can't think of anything else I need.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes! The skills necessary to make hats, socks, and sweaters.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I can dream about knitting socks. I am a woman's size 8.

23. When is your birthday?
August 28th.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Nic said...

    Thanks for getting your questions up. I will try to get you matched ASAP! /hostessnic

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter