Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wow!

You like me! You really, really like me! Sorry, I... couldn't resist. But Lucia over at the Knitting Fiend has posted the results of the blog contest, and I came in second in the Best New Knitting blog category. Wow! I'm so grateful! For those of you who liked and voted for my blog, I can't thank you enough. And for those I begged, bribed, and generally browbeat into voting for my blog, thank you, too.

A great big thank you goes to Lucia for putting this contest together. I really enjoyed reading all of the blogs, including Anne's at Knitspot, Crazy Aunt Pearl, and The Panopticon.

On the knitting front, when I'm home, I work on the vintage velvet. I'm trying to knit more loosely so that there is no recurrence of the yarn snapping incident. This leads to a LOT of worming. A lot. An awful lot. I'm considering frogging it, and waiting until I'm a more skillful knitter to try to pull this one off. On the other hand, I've completed 5 full pattern repeats and I would hate to have to start over. And when will I ever be skillful enough? When I'm not at home, I'm working, er, diligently, on the to-be-felted bag. So things are moving along a-pace.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Imajean said...

    Congratulations! You should knit yourself a little crown! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter