Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 18, 2006

First Class

So, I attended my first class tonight. I feel so energized! So enabled! So... I gotta knit! I learned the long-tail cast-on, which I couldn't seem to manage to teach myself from books or magazine or knittinghelp.com or anywhere else. I also learned that I've been throwing my yarn the wrong way. Oh, yes, I have. Which certainly might explain the extraordinary trouble I've been having with the purl stitch. Whoa! It's much easier this way! So I'm very happy, and very glad I decided to take this class. The teacher is nice and very knowledgable, and there are about eight other students.

On the knitting front, I've been working away on Vintage Velvet. I think I made a mistake about 6 rows back, though. I think I did a knit one row when I should have done a knit two row. Oops. It is rather noticeable. Yes, there is a sudden jag in the side panels. And of course, I did NOT use a lifeline. No, I didn't. I'm really, really, really wishing I had. Especially since I can't seem to tink, and wind up frogging. I'm very discouraged. Does anyone else seem to have this difficulty keeping track of where they are in the pattern?

And I've been wondering how the knit-out in Union Square went. I had wanted to go - knit in public in the same square mile as the Yarn Harlot and a whole bunch more knitters WOW - but I just couldn't summon up the energy to actually manage the trip. I did knit outside yesterday, so that I would be with everyone in spirit. I'm not sure if it counts as knitting in public, since I was on my deck, but hey. It's the thought that counts.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter