Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, November 06, 2006

UFO's

Oh, boy! Do I got UFO's. Uh-huh. OTN:
1) Vintage Velvet, still on the 3rd skein. I bought 2 more, for a total of 7. But it will be nice and long, if I ever finish it. I do knit on it a little bit every day.
2) The beautiful mohair from my secret pal. It's a bias stitch pattern that is shaping up nicely. But it's hard on my fingers, so I only knit a little of that every day.
3) A 2x2 rib knit scarf in cashmere aran, on US 4's. Yeah, it's slow going.
4) So I started a 2x2 rib knit scarf in Nashua Wooly Stripe, Cognac colorway, on US 9's. That's moving along much faster.
5) The blue thing that I may never actually finish. Needless to say, that's on the back burner.

Then there are all of the projects I want to start:
1) The Red Cross Sock kit.
2) The Baby Alpaca sweater.
3) A felted Nashua Wooly Stripe scarf, in the Ocean Colorway.
4) Something with that Trendsetter ScoubiDou.
5) A hat for my son.
6) The umpteen things that my friends are starting to ask for.

Arrgghhhhhh! So much to knit, so little time!

My class,sadly, is over now, but I learned so much. I can actually knit the rib & seed stitches! I went through Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns, trying out different stitches. And I didn't mess them up & was able to do them! Wayyyy cool. I'm looking forward to the spring, when I can take the intermediate class.

And I'm having a lot of fun getting to know my SP9 spoil-er and spoil-ee, it's great. So, that's all the knitting news that's fit to print. I know I've been a little slack (a little? Hello? People may have been wondering if I had fallen into a black hole)about posting; I'll try to keep more up-to-date!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM , Blogger Nic said...

    I learned to knit uses Barbara Walker's learn to knit afghan book.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter