Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm so disappointed...

At the time I signed up for the beginning knitting course, I also signed up for the intermediate knitting course. Yes, I know I'm overly optimistic and a glutton for punishment. The courses would have over-lapped for two weeks, with the intermediate course starting this Tuesday. Yesterday the adult school called, cancelling the intermediate course because not enough participants had signed up. I'm very, very disappointed. I was all set to be a knitting wizard by the time both classes had finished. Oh, well, there isn't anything I can do about it. There are still some things I'd definitely like to learn, how to turn a sock heel and the kitchener stitch and the cable cast-on. So I think I'll hurry and start a sock, so I can hopefully learn those things at the next class, if there's time. I doubt very much if there is time before the last class to knit up all the parts of a sweater and put them together. Although, if I stop sleeping or eating, I bet I could make enough time! And I'm also knitting away at the Vintage Velvet. I wish I could knit quickly enough to finish it in a matter of days, rather than a matter of months! Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter