Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Un-knitting

Yes, I am thinking of changing the title of this blog to Un-knitwhitties: a whole lot of knitting nothing. Given that I seem to have the functioning brain cells of fungus on a log, make an extraordinary number of mistakes, and have frogged a few of the things I'm working on, it seems appropriate. I mean, how hard is a knit two, purl two ribbed scarf? Other people seem to be able to manage this! I'm sticking to that beautiful bias-stitch mohair scarf. Okay! Yes! My biases DO in fact seem to bias this way, and that way, and then back this way again. And while pictures of other people's well-executed bias stitch don't seem to do that (there go their biases marching along in straight lines), mine is MEANT to do that, and I like it. Because if you did it on purpose, it's not a mistake right? And it's soft with pretty beads, and I like it, so there. And there is no way I'm frogging it. Absolutely not. Not in this lifetime. And I WILL finish it. Even though I knit and knit and knit and knit, and don't seem to be any farther along. I swear the un-knitting fairies are coming along every evening and un-knitting the work I've done that day. So it only seems as though I am spending every spare waking moment knitting, and accomplishing NOTHING. Because, surely, I must be accomplishing SOMETHING; that's only logical, right? Right?!

It's a good thing I'm so stubborn, because I'm becoming very frustrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter