Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Spreading the Obsession

I had taught my friend to knit back over the summer. She didn't seem to enjoy it. All right, she didn't seem to be obsessed. She didn't knit every spare second. Every time I saw her, the knitting had not progressed. She did express interest in what I had done, and admired it. But still, I felt like a share-the-hobby failure. Until... recently... she expressed interest in buying yarn. To make a scarf. Aha! Eureka! I thought. She, too, is becoming enmeshed in this sweet torment called knitting. And she knew what yarn she wanted - oh, yeah, Schaefer Esperanza in the Gertrude Ederle colorway. To not let her escape, er, change her mind, yeah that's it, I offered to get it for her for Christmas. So now, she too, is trapped! Success! One knitter at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter