Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 26, 2007

Stash

I do not yet have S.A.B.L.E. I may never achieve S.A.B.L.E. Since I was never going to have more yarn than was necessary for the current project, I suppose I should be astonished that I actually have a stash. Heh-heh, I said stash. Listening to Stephanie on Thursday night, and reading Casts Off, made me think about my stash, and the storage there-of. One hiding spot I don't think has been covered (altho it may have been) - was putting the yarn in freezer bags and hiding it in the toilet tank. Seriously. You could fit quite a bit in there. Fortunately, I am not yet forced to try out and report back on this ingenious solution. My yarn was in one small-ish lidded bin, and 6 large-ish shopping bags. Obviously, while the bin could fit on a flat surface, the bags were piled hap-hazardly, everywhere, or alternately, shoved into the closet. This is no self-respecting way to store stash. So on Saturday, I went to the store on a stash storage solution quest. As I stood there looking at all of the different types of storage bins, scratching my head, I realized that there were too many choices, and I didn't have the first inkling where to start. Until I found some clear, stackable bins with drawers. Hmmmm. I can stack them. To the ceiling, if need be. They have drawers. I can access the contents easily. They are clear. I can see the contents easily. So I grabbed up three of them, bemoaning the fact that while I knew I'd be buying some large items, I didn't bother to get a cart. I don't know why I do that, but I do. So after a mighty struggle, I get the bins paid for, and to the car. And once home, I wipe them down, and stack them up. Oh lovely. Then I begin loading up the drawers with the yarn, and all of the yarn paraphernalia. And it fits beautifully. I put the pretty, soft, touchable stuff in the fronts, where I can drool, I mean, look at it. I have a tiny bit of room left for more yarn, but seriously, another bin would be ideal. And that means I need to hit some yarn stores so that I can fill it up, er, I mean, plan more projects.















And buoyed by the virtuous feeling of organization and neatness, I decided to start the knitting journal. I just have to add the pictures of the projects, and I'll be done - all the way up to the Manos cape.















Whoa! I fee-ee-eel gooood! This knitting thing IS good for your self-esteem. I feel so in control.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like your knitting journal- good idea :) I would love to start one of those, but am afraid it will end up wedged between my 3 unfinished journals and two years of scrapbooking I still need to do for Eli!! lol!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter