Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The good: I've been matched up with my secret pal for SP10. Just took a quick look at her blog, and she seems smart, funny, and (gulp) a good knitter.

The bad: The adult school called to tell me that the intermediate knitting class had been cancelled. AGAIN. I'm so disappointed, I can't even speak of it.

The ugly: While knitting at lunch today, my circs came apart at the join. We will not speak of this horrible happening. The result? A LOT of stitches were dropped. A LOT of the 420 stitches on my needles. Did I mention it was a LOT of stitches? I hope I was able to pick them all up, but I suspect that I missed some. I will be very upset if that's the case; I really don't want to start over again.

Sigh... Can we just start today over again? Please?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger Scarlett said...

    Oh man, I feel for you about the dropped stitches. It is so frustrating.

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Arrrggggg!!!! Oh no!!!! That happened to a fellow knitter and we all cried along with her...what brand circ's were you using?

    Here's to a better day tomorrow :)

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger knitwhit said...

    To answer Brooke, they were Boye's - which I love. But even tho I'm knitting back & forth, the stitches are twisted round & round, and I guess as I was knitting, I managed to unscrew it. Now, before I start each row, I make sure to tighten them.

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

    I have had that happen and feel your pain. My Knitpicks Options came totally apart, not unscrewed, but broken apart TWICE.
    Li

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter