Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, August 25, 2006

Boye Needlemaster

I mentioned the Boye circular needles that I need to start another project, in the previous post. I was, of course, talking about the Needlemaster set. Now, I know that many people dislike these needles. They could even be said to hate these needles. They complain that the points aren't sharp enough - or are too sharp. Or that the cables become disconnected in the midst of a project. Or some other difficulty is mentioned.

I, however, happen to love them. Deeply and passionately. I love how they feel, and how the yarn just slips over the tips. I love the stretchy bendable cables. I have not had a problem with my cables seperating, thereby losing all of my stitches (although I do admit that if this were to happen, it would be a tad distressing). In fact, I recently needed a crowbar and pliars to seperate my cables from the needles. Were they corroded together? Did I not know my own strength and weld them together permanently? Or is this just the sort of odd thing that happens to me? Either way, I'm wondering if it's over the top to have two sets. Ummm, no particular reason. Certainly not so that I can start a new project before completing another. Nope, not me. No way.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

    I'm with you on the Boye's. I own all three popular interchangeables and the Boye's are the most reliable.

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger Abigail said...

    I have a set which I truly destest. Would you be interested in a swap? Contact me via email or by my blog. Let me know Abigail

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter