Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf



I've decided that the Manos del Uruguay in olive - 55 needs to become the Irish Hiking Scarf. Now, I know that some of you are out there thinking, "what a wimp!" "that's so easy" "gee, can't you come up with something harder?". But I want you to know that I am spatially challenged. I have extraordinary difficulty just creating the stitches, never mind trying to turn those stitches remotely into anything resembling a garment! So the Irish Hiking Scarf will a) provide a lot of practice for the heretofore-untried cable stitch, b) hopefully look presentable at the finish, and c) really emphasize the beauty of the yarn. And that's what it's really all about it, isn't it?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think it's a great choice! those "nerly solid" manos colors are my fave!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter