Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

On the Needles

I have on the needles another felted bag-to-be. It's using Patons Classic wool in That's Blue and Too Teal. I've just started going up the sides, and even on US 11's, it's slow going. That could be because it is the fourth one I'm making, and yes, even I get bored after making the same thing for the fourth time! It could also be because I keep getting distracted by other things, like the Schaefer Esperanza, or the sort of sweater that the Plymouth Alpaca wants to become. Kate A. had a nice suggestion about the Banff sweater from Knitty. There was also a pattern I had found, in Knitting the New Classics by Kristin Nicholas, called the vis-a-vis, a bulky mohair that was quite nice. And I was taking a look at Barbara Walker's From the Top Down. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for a pattern-less sweater. And who do I blame if something goes wrong?? I can only blame myself right? Meanwhile, that bag isn't going to finish itself.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Imajean said...

    I've been mulling over the name "Schaefer Esperanza." I think it's very cool. Maybe I'm weird, but that combination would make a funky name for a detective...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter