Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, August 05, 2006

More Wonderful yarn



and more naked rolling in it. I have some Schaefer Esperanza in this colorway. Isn't it stunning? It's 280 yards of a 70% lambswool/30% alpaca blend. It's quite bulky. It's also crying out to be made into... something. I'm considering some sort of mosaic. Any suggestions?

I don't have an LYS in less than an hours drive in any direction. My favorite is the Knitting Gallery in Colt's Neck, NJ. Carol is absolutely wonderful and helpful, and the broad selection of yarns & supplies makes it well worth the trip. That's where I snagged the Manos & this Schaefer. I've also found another favorite yarn there, Nashua Wooly Stripe. I love that yarn. It's a dream to knit with, and the way it felts is amazing. This is my favorite colorway, ocean.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Imajean said...

    You have found some very beautiful yarn. You are tempting me to experiment with some knitting of my own, but it seems that I'm only capable of sitting still for a good book. (I only sit still at work because I'm PAID to do so).

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Just knit two big squares and make a pillow so you can sleep in and around that fabulous softness and color.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter