Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wonderful, beautiful yarn



Isn't this beautiful? Doesn't it just make you want to take off all your clothes and roll around in it? It's so soft, and the colors are so intense.

I was lucky enough to snap up three skeins of Manos del Uruguay in the topaz (x) colorway, and two in an olive green. Now I'm left with the dilemma of what to do with it. What does one do with small amounts of glorious, breath-taking Manos? Do tell!!

This does leave me with a little problem, however. Now, I've only been knitting since January. I know me. I know exactly how I am. I know that I am fickle, with a short attention span. I swore! that I would NOT start a new project until I had finished the previous project. I also swore that I would NOT buy yarn before I knew what project it would be used for. Well that Manos was so beautiful, so touchable, so seductive, that I found myself out the door, petting them and calling them precious, before I knew what hit me. Without a clue. What. To. Do. With. Them.

I've read my books for patterns, scrutinized magazines page-by-page, critically went through my pattern notebook, all for nought. Nothing says to me... make me in that Manos! Soooo... help a girl out, would you? WWYD? What Would You Do?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Imajean said...

    If your first instinct is to roll around in it, then you must obtain more of this lovely stuff & make yourself a little blanket. It will be your very own. If anyone tries use your new little blanket, you must bite them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter