Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm in the Knitting Doldrums

I'm not sure what the problem is, really. I have two WIP's. Although, I'm not sure you can call Arwen a WIP, since I mostly refuse to look at it. So I'm really only working on the Gryffindor scarf. And I have other projects to start. I really do. But... But. I don't really want to. It's not that I don't have yarn! Lord knows, I have plenty of yarn! Lovely, luscious, pettable, lay-down-and-roll-in-it, can't-stop-touching-it yarn. Then I look at patterns on Ravelry, in magazines, in books, in my giant pattern notebook, and nothing really says "knit me!". Oh, some of them sort of capture my interest, but then I'd want to modify. And I don't think modify is really part of my skill set right now. So I look at patterns on Ravelry, in magazines, in books, in my giant pattern notebook, and, well, nothing. There's a niggling thought in the back of my mind that perhaps my knitting obsession is over. And while it was longer-lived than most of my obsessions, I really don't want that to be the case. I guess what I'd like to know is: Has this ever happened to you? And what on earth did you do about it? HELP!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That happens to me occasionally (I call it "knitting ennui.) The first time I was also worried that maybe I was tired of knitting, but sure enough - soon something caught my interest. I also find it to be sort of seasonal - I get bored with winter items by late January, and Summer items by July, so I usually go through a down period then (in fact, I'm having one now!) Maybe try a new knitting skill, something to challenge you? I think I will perk up when spring patterns come out in earnest. I hope you find your mojo soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter