Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Swatching, Swatching, Here We Go Swatching Again

This is the Cultivated Silk and wool from Tess Yarns that I picked up at Stitches East in Baltimore last fall. I finally began winding some of it, and cast on a small swatch to try to decide the best needle size.







The swatch with the 6's is a little too firm and stiff. The swatch with the 7's is nice, and has better drape, I think. The swatch with the 8's has even more drape, and makes a nice fabric. I'm not sure why I felt the need to try to swatch with 5's, but I did, and it's very similar to the 6. This yarn is wonderful to work with, the fabric feels amazing, the slight color shift is absolutely beautiful.

I haven't found the perfect pattern for it, yet. I'm hoping that swatching will help me to decide.

Isn't this gorgeous???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter