Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 04, 2008

And It's A New Year

So. On the knitting front. I frogged Odessa. Again. I want to start some toe-up socks, 3 sweaters, the Odessa (again), a scarf, and... Well, you get the picture. I cast on for the scarf - a simple k2p2 rib for The Boy - but I'm not happy with it, so I think I'll be frogging that as well. I am swatching the elann alpaca and the karabella aurora 8 for two of the sweaters. But a whole lot of nothin' going on. I did manage to snag this at The Knitting Room in Medford:





Isn't this stunning? It's a little more purple in the picture, and more red/burgundy in real life. I'm looking for a flame/candle tip lace pattern. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

    I so need to go shopping with you. You get the best yarn. I like the color of that yarn you "snagged". Is it a lace weight? If you go and look at knit spot(http://knitspot.com/) she has several gorgeous shawls, scarves, etc that she designed. Some of them are free and some of them are pay, but I would think that any one of them would be worth whatever the price of admission. Also, if your yarn is heavier than lace weight, I think that some of her shawls are made for heavier weight yarn.

    Happy New Year to you and the Boy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter