Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Oh, My!

I see it's been over 3 weeks since I last blogged. Oops. Between being ill, and getting ready for Christmas, there wasn't a lot of knitting going on. There still isn't, actually, but I have finished a sock! Woo hooo! There's no excuse for not having finished a pair of socks, because all I have left to do is graft, but I'm so caught up in the euphoria of having finally, after endless months, finished a sock that I haven't finished the second sock. Also, I think I grafted incorrectly, because that toe is sure as heck funny looking.




But from the side, it looks fine:














I had a lovely Christmas, and hope all of you did as well. And my uncle gave me some awesome knitting presents. A swift, from here , and a ball winder, and the Bond ULTIMATE DELUXE sweater machine. Can't wait to play with them. Altho, I suppose in my case, that would be figure out how they work.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

    I really love the yarn that your socks are knit from, wonder what it is :0. Your toes look fine, although if you want them to be rounder, follow the directions in your book for the round toes or look online for the directions for rounding the toes.

    I'm sorry that you were ill before the holidays started, because that is really a crappy way to start them off.

    I need an uncle like you have... someone to give me such knitterly goodness, although I shouldn't complain. DH got me a gift certificate for the Loopy Ewe that was a surprise and he made me a swift similar to the one you have for my birthday last year, so I'm set.

    Glad you had a good Christmas and hope the boy did as well.

    L

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter