Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yarn Overdose

Whilst in NYC this weekend, I had to venture to the School Products Yarn Company. We won't mention how I walked past it three times before I figured it out. Ahem. But once inside I was in yarn heaven!

And I managed to accumulate myself a nice bunch of yarn. And had it shipped home, because I couldn't carry it all.

But I got some gorgeous Karabella Empire Silk - 100% Italian Silk, 1.75oz/ 50g ball, 90 yds/ 83m, Worsted, 4.5 sts/inch, Needle Size: #6 US/ 4mm.

















I want to use this to make the celtic knot sweater

















And some lovely Karabella Aurora 8 - Extrafine Merino Wool, 1.75oz/ 50g ball, 98 yds/ 90m,Worsted, 4.5 sts/inch, Needle Size: #7-8 US/ 4.5-5mm. I'm thinking about making the Cardigan for Arwen by Kate Gilbert, IK, winter 2006.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

    I so want some of that silk. I want to make Anne Moddesitt's corset pattern out of it. Maybe not in purple, but in something equally smooshy and gawgeous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter