Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, November 19, 2007

A Lot of News, No Pictures

I managed to get the beads on the yarn for the Odessa hat, which is an amazing project from my amazing SP. I wound up using a needle threader. Yes, it took a while. I cast-on, messed up the ribbing, frogged. Four times! I'll be bringing that to the class tonight to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've been knitting - interminably - on First Sweater's sleeves. I now realize why the sleeves are usually knit first, and then attached. Working them already attached to the sweater is voluminous, bulky, annoying, and slow. I've also decided that it needs an afterthought pocket, a la Zimmerman. So I'll be bringing that with me to the class tonight.

I've been playing with creating charts using KnitPro. So I want to bring one of the charts and colored yarn to the class next week, and learn colorwork. I've also been playing with charts using one color of yarn, and texture to show the pattern. That's slow going, also, because I keep putting the project down to work on something else.

And I've been playing with sweater design. I think perhaps a sweater design software is in my future. I want to be able to create patterns for the sweaters I want to make, as well as change patterns to add or remove features. For instance, I like Cardigan for Arwen, but I don't want the hood, I do want it longer, and of course! it needs pockets.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

    Good Grief Girl,

    You sound as if you are starting to take this knitting thing way serious. What is this about color work? and a sweater designer? This from the girl who a few short months ago didn't want to do socks? Socks, schmocks, you are onto sweater designing now.

    You go girl!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter