Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, September 07, 2007

First Socks: In the Beginning

Thanks to my Secret Pal from SP10, I am attempting my first socks. They are cuff down, on two circs, in Cookie's Monkey Socks pattern. The book I am attempting to learn from is the Crazy Toes and Heels. It's been tough-going, but then most of my knitting is!
But here is the cuff, and nearly one entire pattern repeat. What do you think so far? And I really need to run a lifeline. Really.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well Done SP - they look absolutely great, you have done so well to get this far and they look really neat. Can't wait to see a bit more of them soon....
    SP11.

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

    You go girlfriend...I knew you could do it and now I don't even feel bad anymore for sending you the stuff to do them. Sometimes it just takes a couple (okay more than a couple) tries for things to click.

    Enjoy!!

     
  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hooray for first socks!! Looks like you're doing a fabulous job so far...and on circ's...I still haven't ventured from the land of DPN's :) *grin* There's something soothing about holding all those sharp objects in my hand, kinda like a knife thrower at the carnival...ummm...OK, I think I need to go and have my coffee now :P

    Sorry I haven't stopped by as much lately...~*slacker*~ Hope you're doing great!

    xo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter