Knitwhitties: A Little Knitting Nothing

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pride Goeth Before A Fall

The last time we looked, the Arwen was coming along beautifully. Each cable lining up perfectly. The color, the feel, the knitting - perfect. We were head over heels in love with Arwen. Beautiful, exquisite, sexy.

Hubris.

At the last knitting group, instead of working on the 2x2 ribbed scarf, I decided to work on Arwen. Showing off. The praise, the exclamations; these were no more than my due. Naturally.

Now, what happens at a knitting group? Yes, of course, there is knitting. But there is also admiring, teaching, talking. And I know that I can't talk (or do anything else) while working cables (or follow any pattern). My short-term memory loss is prodigious.

Can you guess what happened? Oh, yes, the inevitable. Miss-crossed cables.



Now, this certainly wasn't Arwen's fault. It was my fault. Totally. Completely. My fault. But that didn't stop me from being mad at Arwen. Really mad at Arwen. So it sat in its bag until I felt like tinking the damage. You could say it was in time out, but it was really so I could calm down enough not to slap it. Which was about a week. Given that I do want to wear it, eventually.

Last night, I began to tink. It wasn't too hard. Although, there was a lot of head scratching and "why is it doing that?". When I reached the point that I could no longer see the mistake, I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out which row I needed to start on. And kind of finally narrowed it down to two of them, and just took a shot at it.




It's still wrong, but not as noticeable. I hope. What do you think? Do I need to frog it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
counter